Monday, October 14, 2013

Marathon Training Log #11

8 miles. 6:00 a.m.  Last Saturday run before the marathon. We had a busy day planned, so I ran early with Chris, and Ben ran after lunch alone. It worked out well for Ben because he got to sleep in since the kids slept until after 7:00! {Cue Napoleon Dynamite voice} Lucky! ~sigh~ 

I had my usual cinnamon raisin bagel with a little peanut butter for breakfast, plus coffee and water. I started drinking Spark on the way to our meeting spot, which is about 10 minutes from my house. 

I wore my belt, but took no extra nutrition in the pouch for during the run since it was only 8 miles. This run went pretty well. Our pace was right on target with our goal for the marathon. 

I love the route that we ran because it is exactly where Chris and I went on our first-ever run together last October 19th. It is crazy to think that one year after that first run, we will have completed three half marathons and a full!

This week I am truly looking forward to taking it "easy."  Here's my plan for the week:
Monday: off
Tuesday: 3-4 easy
Wednesday: 2-3 easy
Thursday: 2-3 easy
Friday: walk

Side note: This will be my third week of posting my "Meal Plan Monday," so be sure and check that out as well, especially if you're curious to see what someone running a marathon might be eating. ;)

Let me just say, in my opinion, running is never easy, but the hardest part is those first few steps. I never thought that I would run a marathon. 

When I started the training, I prayed for God to use the process as a way to bring glory to Himself. I'm not sure how he's going to do that, but I hope that I am sensitive enough to know when I see (or feel) it. 

I am definitely a mixed bag of emotions right now. Part of me keeps doubting that I can even do this. Another part of me is saying, "There's no way you can't do this! Trust your training." And a third dimension is telling me to just get it over with, no matter what it looks like. I could definitely use some prayer. And I know that Ben and Chris would love to know that they're being prayed over too. 

We are heading down to Chattanooga on Saturday morning. We hope to scope out the course and get familiar with our surroundings to help calm our nerves. 

I will certainly write a post after the race is over to record how it all goes. I am especially nervous to see how my stomach does after the race. If you've been reading my training logs, thanks for sticking around!
The finisher medal. I stole this pic from the race Facebook page. :)


D you have any advice or words of encouragement? Please leave it in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment