Monday, September 30, 2013

Meal Plan Monday!

I am going to *try* to post our meal plan for the week each Monday. I don't always follow our plan strictly, because I give myself one or two "swing" days or what I call L/S (leftovers or simple-meal) days. But, here it is: my first Meal-Plan Monday post:

Monday:
Breakfast: cinnamon raisin flax bread (toasted) with peanut butter
Lunch: roasted turkey and Swiss on rye/ kids: turkey rolls and colby jack cheese sticks with dried apricots and yogurt along with yogurt pretzels for a treat
Supper: Mom's Spinach Lasagna with French style green beans and rosemary bread

Tuesday:
Breakfast: old-fashioned oats with blackberries and walnuts
Lunch: leftover roasted veggies and turkey kielbasa/ kids: pb&j with carrots
Dinner: leftover beef enchiladas from Saturday night with black beans and brown rice (L/S)

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Pumpkin Muffins & yogurt
Lunch: leftover lasagna
Supper: homemade quiche

Thursday:
Breakfast: banana & blackberry wraps (recipe coming soon!)
Lunch: turkey and Swiss on rye/ kids: Perdue Simply Natural lightly breaded chicken chunks with carrots and apple slices
Supper: L/S

Friday:
Breakfast: Pumpkin Muffins & yogurt
Lunch: black bean and spinach quesadillas
Supper: Chicken and Dumplings or take-out (Ben's choice)

Saturday:
Breakfast: (before a 12-mile run) kids' choice
Lunch: open
Supper: open/ chicken and dumplings if haven't made them yet

Sunday:
Breakfast: whole wheat pancakes with berries plus eggs
Lunch: out somewhere after church (might run a 5K that afternoon)
Supper: L/S early, to get to church on time


Here's the menu I created that I post on our fridge:


Many of my simple meals are:
  • made from things that I have perviously doubled and frozen half
  • semi-homemade pizza
  • frozen pre-packaged veggies such as Alexia Saute Reds (our favorite!)
  • occassional frozen pizza
What are some of your favorite simple meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment