Sunday, September 1, 2013

Marathon Training Log #5

Friday morning, Chris and I met at 6:00 to run 16 miles. Another distance PR for both of us. 

5:00- mini cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter, coffee, and water. Ate a few bites of leftover spinach quiche, too. 

Started drinking a "Spark" as I headed out the door at 5:25. Finished it before the run started. 

In my running belt, I took my two 10 oz. bottles: one with water and one with Gatorade; a Snickers Marathon Bar, 6 peanut butter crackers, an extra Spark mix, and a gel. We planted two waters to pick back up after the turnaround around mile 13, where I ran out of water during the 15 mile run on Monday. 

We have decided that we want to run the Marathon with the 10:30 pacer. So our goal for this run was to stay between a 10:00-10:30 minute per mile pace. 

Chris and I both felt great starting out. It was a very humid morning, so we forced ourselves to drink more than usual. We shared an Advocare VO2 Bar around mile 5. We stopped at the usual park at 5.75 miles to refill our waters. I think we shared a little bit of the Marathon Bar when we started back up (can't remember exactly). We ran by the park again at about 11 miles. We stopped again to refill our waters (mixed Spark into one) and take a bathroom break. I ate 3 peanut butter crackers. We drank lots because it was getting hot quickly, and the planted waters were much-needed. I think we ate the gels somewhere around the planted waters. We walked while we poured the waters into our belt bottles. We finished well with an average pace of 10:04!

I drank a sport drink on the drive home and finished the Marathon Bar and peanut butter crackers. 

We just couldn't believe how good we felt during the run! I was pretty discouraged after the painful 15 mile run on Monday with Ben. This run definitely boosted my confidence. 

And no stomach problems whatsoever. I usually at least feel some effect on my stomach after a long run like this, but I felt NO symptoms at all!!! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment