Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday is...

Hey y'all! I'm writing a quick post here after sleeping in {cue the angels singing} on a mini vacation with just my sweet husband. We're skiing- one of our favorite things to do together. 

On to my Monday...

Monday is: recovering from the experience of taking two toddlers to Urgent Care on Sunday morning based on instinct. Diagnosis: double ear infections for both. 

Monday is: having awesome in-laws who wanted to keep the kids anyway. 

Monday is: having a church that offers live streaming so that the Holy Spirit can speak to you in your dining room when your kids are sick. 

Monday is: praying for a dear friend's dad who is undergoing major heart surgery today. 

Monday is: praising God for His grace and protection in my life! I have such a long way to go in maturity as a Christian, but I have so many wonderful resources- Godly husband, family, friends, church family, Christ in me- to push me forward (in a good way). 

Philippians 1:6 says, "And I am sure of this: that he who began a work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."


I am so thankful that God encourages me by letting me know that His work is ongoing in my life. 

Have a great week!

What are some of your favorite activities to do with your spouse?

3 comments:

  1. This was such an encouraging post, April. And confirming, since I've spend most of January reading Philippians. This was so neat to read, and to see a picture that looks identical to the inside of my own Bible.

    So sorry your sweet ones are sick. So glad you're able to getaway, and will say a prayer for a quick recovery. For them, and your friend's father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen! Your sweet spirit is encouraging to me. Don't you love how God's Word can bind us together? It reminds me of what Paul says next in Philippians: that we are all partakers of the same grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday, April.....you certainly are putting it in the right perspective.

    ReplyDelete