Thursday, February 27, 2014

Feeding My Husband

I love serving my husband. It brings me joy to "take care" of him. One of the things that I especially enjoy doing is preparing his meals. Since we were first married, I have always made an effort to get his breakfast ready for him. I am anti-cereal-for-breakfast-unless-you-put-it-over-Greek-yogurt, and he is pro-cereal because it's quick. I prefer to have something with more nutritional substance to it, and he is very appreciative of my efforts.

Today I'm linking up with Amy at Gospel Homemaking for Thrive at Home ThursdayThrive at Home Thursday | gospelhomemaking.com

In an effort to have more veggies in our breakfast lately, I have been blending up some baby spinach and/or kale with our usual smoothie recipes. Here are a couple of our favorites:

~1 cup frozen Blueberries
Small palm-full Almonds
Handful Spinach
1 Banana (optional)
~ 1/2 - 3/4 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
Glob of Honey
1 - 2 Tbsp Flax meal
~1/4 cup Milk of choice (add more to thin as-needed)

1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
1/4 cup fresh or frozen Pineapple
Small palm-full Almonds
Handful Spinach or kale
1/2 - 3/4 cup Chobani Lime Greek Yogurt (or any flavor you choose)
Glob of Honey
1 - 2 Tbsp Flax meal
Milk of choice (add more to thin as needed)

Place ingredients into your blender in order. I use the "chop " setting for the first few seconds, then "purée." 

Pour into your glass and enjoy!
Your husband will thank you. :)

1 comment:

  1. John David would so eat cereal for breakfast... or nothing (gasp!) if I would let him. Now, he has gotten really good at having oatmeal for breakfast! :) These look great!!!

    ReplyDelete