Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Favorites and Why I Love April

It's officially spring, y'all! The signs are everywhere.
A momma bird laid her eggs this week in our Nicaraguan lantern. (This is the best photo I could get because of the location of the lantern. Can you see the eggs?)

Daffodils are everywhere!

We're playing outside and sweating! We even have some tan lines. :)

I am craving salads! {A true scientific sign of spring; don't ya know!}

An even truer sign of spring is the fact that the weather has been sunny with temps in the high 70's all week, and today it is stormy. I'm not complaining, though. I feel so blessed to live in a place where I get to experience four seasons. East Tennessee is such a great place!

You know, I always love the changing of seasons, and fall is definitely my favorite. But spring is a close second. My name is closely related to spring. April's meaning is "new life." Wow! Such power in those two words; only something supernatural can bring forth new life. I am filled with awe when I think about all the things that happen in nature during this time of year. But I am utterly overwhelmed when I think about the new life that I was given by Jesus when he died for me. He paid the price for my sins, and that price was death {but He didn't stay dead!} - I deserve death. But my Savior bore all the pain and suffering for me, so that I can have NEW LIFE. Not only does that mean spiritual freedom here on earth, but forever freedom and joy in heaven when this life is over! Wahoo! How awesome is that?! You can have a new life, too; and I would be thrilled to help you understand more about it. You can comment here at the bottom of this post. Or you can go to this website and find answers to lots of spiritual questions. 

It's very appropriate that we celebrate Jesus's death and resurrection (aka Easter) in springtime. Everything points to freshness, beauty, new life. 

I feel like I have quoted this song a lot, but it's one of my favorites, and it says perfectly what I feel about the spring season and Easter:
And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced Teaching us to breathe What was frozen through is newly purposed Turning all things green So it is with You And how You make me new With every season’s change And so it will be As You are re-creating me Summer, autumn, winter, spring ---Nicole Nordeman, "Every Season"

I'm so glad that I have new life in Christ Jesus, and that his work in my heart is ongoing, like the changing seasons. 

Happy spring, and happy weekend!

What's your favorite season?
What do you like about spring?








No comments:

Post a Comment