Monday, April 13, 2015

I Haven't Been Hiding


January. 

That was when I last wrote. 
It's been a whirlwind of a first quarter of a year. 

I got the flu on January 8, developed bronchitis two weeks after onset of the flu, somehow planned and pulled off our third annual Couple's Night dinner at church on February 12, then left for New York City the next day with my Valentine, Ben. 




I turned 30 during an ice storm on February 18. 

We got an offer on our house in early March and put in an offer on a house a week later. 

We had a church conference on March 13-14, then another PEP Moms meeting on March 20. We made the adorable succulent mason jars: 

Ben and I have also been taking ballroom dancing on Thursday nights for the last six weeks. It has been so much fun!

I was able to go out on a Mom's Day Out with my sister and friend, Sarah to see Cinderella and get coffee. It was so much fun!

This month, I started getting sick again, and the day before Easter, my eardrum ruptured! I'm on the mend now, and still managed to have an enjoyable Easter Sunday despite being in pain. There is not a more joyous day in my Christian life than the Sunday that we celebrate Jesus's resurrection!

This week, we got to go to the aquarium with friends and a playday with Nana. 




And now the packing has begun. My house is full of boxes- some already packed, but most are empty at the moment. I have realized something about myself that I did not know before: I do not like the smell of cardboard! 
Here's my living room:

It's been a fun first quarter of 2015, but I hope to be more intentional about personal reflection and spiritual introspection in the rest of the year. I need a good book to read that will help me grow. I'm thinking about re-reading The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. 

I may not write again until we get settled in the new house, but I'd like to share a new recipe that I've been working on.

Vegan Peanut Butter (PB2) Banana Walnut Muffins

2-3 ripe bananas
1/2 unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 cups flour (I prefer whole wheat pastry flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp PB2
1/4-1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 350°. 
Grease a six muffin tin.
Combine wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Dump dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients, and combine gently without over-stirring. 
Fill each tin almost full. (These are BIG muffins!)
Bake 15-20 minutes.  

Thanks for stopping by and checking in. I promise to try and be more regular in posting. 






No comments:

Post a Comment