I have mentioned a few times how I need to write things in order to remember them. Things like appointments & meetings, social commitments, grocery lists and meal plans, marathon training plans, and etc. would dissolve in my brain never to be remembered if I did not write them down! So when I recently read a blog about writing down goals for the new year as a family, I was inspired to do just that.
The categories that we came up with are "personal," "family," "household," and "travel." I will not be disclosing our entire list to you, in case you had started drooling over an opportunity to get a bit of "dirt" on us! 😜 However I do want to share a few things on our want-to-accomplish in 2015 list.
In the personal category for me, I listed:
- find my joy and contentment in Christ (see yesterday's post)
- Write (blog and journal) more
- Read more
- Less phone; more face
In the family category:
- Read the Bible with the kids more
- Pray with Ben more
- Lottie's letter recognition
- Rush's handwriting and reading
For the household list:
- Replace carpet in main living area
- De-clutter several cabinets and closets
- Organize the garage
- Paint the master bedroom
- Go back to NYC (to celebrate my 30th birthday in February!)
- Start saving for a 2016 Disney trip
Writing down year-long goals is definitely new for our family. But I can already tell that I feel more ready to tackle, prepare, and plan the carrying out of these things, simply because I wrote them down and discussed them with Ben.
I'm excited about 2015! I pray that you are too.
Do you write down goals?