Friday, January 2, 2015

Goal-Setting for 2015


I have mentioned a few times how I need to write things in order to remember them. Things like appointments & meetings, social commitments, grocery lists and meal plans, marathon training plans, and etc. would dissolve in my brain never to be remembered if I did not write them down! So when I recently read a blog about writing down goals for the new year as a family, I was inspired to do just that. 

The categories that we came up with are "personal," "family," "household," and "travel." I will not be disclosing our entire list to you, in case you had started drooling over an opportunity to get a bit of "dirt" on us! 😜 However I do want to share a few things on our want-to-accomplish in 2015 list. 

In the personal category for me, I listed:

  • find my joy and contentment in Christ (see yesterday's post)
  • Write (blog and journal) more
  • Read more
  • Less phone; more face

In the family category:

  • Read the Bible with the kids more
  • Pray with Ben more
  • Lottie's letter recognition
  • Rush's handwriting and reading

For the household list:

  • Replace carpet in main living area 
  • De-clutter several cabinets and closets
  • Organize the garage
  • Paint the master bedroom

Travel:

  • Go back to NYC (to celebrate my 30th birthday in February!)
  • Start saving for a 2016 Disney trip

Writing down year-long goals is definitely new for our family. But I can already tell that I feel more ready to tackle, prepare, and plan the carrying out of these things, simply because I wrote them down and discussed them with Ben. 

I'm excited about 2015! I pray that you are too. 

Do you write down goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment