Thursday, July 3, 2014

Current Kiddie Eats at 4 1/2 and 2 {Munchkin Meals Link-up}

I have been terrible about taking pictures of my kids' meals this summer! It's probably due to the fact that we seem to always be in a hurry! After breakfast it's time to get dressed, brush teeth, make beds, and go to swim team or the gym, a play date, or the grocery store. After whichever morning activity we do that day, it's time to rush home for lunch or eat whatever I packed in lunch boxes (or occasionally get take-out). By the time dinnertime rolls around, I just totally forget to take pictures of the kids' plates!  I promise I've been feeding them, though! Check out Brittany's blog for some great ideas for feeding your kids. Thanks for hosting, Brittany!
munchkin meals

Since my kids are 4 1/2 (oh my gosh!) and 2, their foods do not change much from month to month like they did from 9 months to 2 years old, so many of these meals may be repeats. 

Typical breakfasts: 
Greek vanilla yogurt with coconut chia granola
Oat Revolution instant strawberry oatmeal
Mini cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and bananas
Waffles (homemade or frozen multigrain) topped with vanilla Greek yogurt and fruit

Typical lunches:
Skippy natural peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread with carrots and hummus
"Turkey rolls" rolled up deli meat with cheese stick and Pirates Booty cheesey puffs, plus berries
Pulled roasted chicken and hummus on whole wheat wrap with pretzel or pita crisps
Black bean, spinach, and cheddar quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas


Typical dinners:
Quiche

Stuffed shells

Grilled salmon and veggies with artichoke-kalamata-dill pasta
(This was actually my plate.)

BBQ chicken and sweet potatoes with green veggies

So that's really about it for my munchkins! I am blessed that overall they are good eaters. They do both have some quirky things that they refuse, for example, my son will not eat sweet potatoes in any form, and my daughter will not eat corn in any way!

I hope you all have a happy holiday weekend!

Do your kids have any foods that they absolutely refuse that you think they ought to like?
Have you "liked" Fruitful Family on Facebook?


No comments:

Post a Comment