Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Favorites (Valentine's Day edition)

Happy Friday, y'all! This is my 100th post!

I hope you've had a great week. I don't know where this week went. Maybe writing this post will help me remember. ;)

I'll start with last Saturday:

Got my 15 mile training run in that morning. Went great!

We all went to my sweet niece's 5th birthday party! I made cupcake toppers with my silhouette cameo.
Ella Claire

Sunday was... different... in a good way. I shared a little but about it last week, but I did not know exactly what to expect then. We had a church-wide fast in preparation for a renewal service; a renewal of our commitment to Jesus individually and corporately. The services were reverent, meaningful, and moving. 

Rush and Lottie are growing!
It seems like both kids are in a huge learning phase right now! Lottie is making full sentences and showing so much personality. She is smart and funny. Rush is really into counting and reading letters. We do flash cards multiple times a day. I am excited for when he starts reading! I am trying to encourage "sounding out" words, but he's not very interested in that yet. I know it will come to him in his own time. He is eager to learn, but very independent. (Just like his Dad.)

Great coffee!
Our brother-in-law, Jared, roasts his own coffee as a side business. It is awesome! I love to wake up for my quiet time and have a pot ready. 

Valentine's Day!
I have always loved this holiday, mainly because it is four days before my birthday. So it's the perfect excuse to eat sweets for four days to a week straight. I always make an extra effort to make one of Ben's favorite dinners and a special dessert.  This year I am making quiche (no surprise) and my famous (to Ben) homemade cheesecake. It's in the oven right now. :)

Ben has something up his sleeve for Sunday afternoon. I am excited to find out what he has planned. 

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day full of love. 
In case you missed it, here's my post on love and marriage: http://fruitfulfamilymills.blogspot.com/2014/02/growing-love.html?m=1


What's your favorite recipe to make for your husband on a special occasion?
What are your plans for Valentine's Day this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment